What is Anatomy?
Definition : The scientific study of the structure of living things.
Anatomy is the branch of biology concerned with the study of the structure of organisms and their parts.
The terma Anatomy is Derived from the Greek word ἀνατομή ( anatomē”) dissection” from ἀνατέμνω anatémnō “I cut up, cut open” from ἀνά aná “up”, and τέμνω témnō “I cut”)
Means Tob Cut A Part.
What is human Anatomy?
The scientific study of the structure of Human Body.
Types of Human Anatomy :
1. Gross Anatomy
2. Microscopic Anatomy
1. Gross Anatomy : It is a type human Anatomy where we study about the larger structures of the body parts.
Gross Anatomy also divided in three sub-classes.
- 1. Surface anatomy : is the study of external anatomical of body parts.
- 2. Regional anatomy : It is the study of external anatomical features without (such as the head or chest)
- 3. Systemic anatomy focuses on the anatomy of different organ systems, such as the respiratory or nervous system.
2. Microscopic Anatomy : It is study of very small structures of the body using magnification.
The study of Microscopic Anatomy mainly importance these two topics :
- Cytology, the study of the structure and function of cells
- Histology, the study of the organization and details of biological tissues
Gray’s Human Anatomy for students Books PDF
Copyright © 2020 Elsevier Inc
PDF INFO :
Book’s Name : Gray’s Human Anatomy for students
Writer : Richard L. Drake, A. Wayne Vogl, Adam W. M. Mitchell
Edition : 4th Edition
Number of Pages : 1234
Size of PDF : 190 MB
Downloading Link :
Hope you loved this post. Share it on Facebook and WhatsApp to spread our blog.