What is the full form of IPS?
The full form of IPS is Indian Police Service. All India services as described in the constitution of India. It replaced the Indian Imperial Police in 1948, a year after India became Independent from the United Kingdom.
What is IPS?
The Indian police service is one of the three All india services of the government of india, known simply as the police service . It is top rated and reputed service. The Indian police was formed in 1948 , awarded after Indians independence.
How to become IPS?
Ips officers are recruiting through the examination of the UPSC( Union public service commission). The exam is conducted every year and the selected candidate choose their preference from the top three services IAS,IPS,IFS.
Role or Function of IPS:
The roles and responsibilities of the IPS officers are as follows:
1. Border responsibilities and duties
- a. Counter-terrorism
b. Border policing
2 Maintaining public peace and order to control crime.
3. VIP security
4. Railway policing
5. Anti-smuggling and drug trafficking.
6. Trackling Economic offences
- a) corruption in public life.
7. To handle the situation of disaster Mangement like biodiversity and protection/enforcement of environment law etc.
8. Enforcement of socio Economic legislation
9 High – level posts in the Indian intelligence Agencies
- a. CBI
b. R &AW
10. Leading and commanding the Indian Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
a. Civil and Armed Police Forces in all the Union territories and states
b. CRPF – Central Armed police forces
- 1 CPO- Central police organizations
2 CPF- Central paramilitary forces
11. interact and coordinate closely with
- a. Other All India services
b. the Indian Army and Armed Forces in gernal
12. serve as HODs in policymaking
- a. in the ministers and Department of Central and state Government
Facilities provided by Goverment to IPS officer:
1. Rent free accommodation at minimal rates.usally a king size bunglow with all facilities.
2. Security guards and domestic help.
3. Option for taking study leave board.
4. Official viechle facility
5. Free electricity or phone call facility
6. High level of job security
7. power and respect that an officer commands in a society.
8. Lifetime pension and other retirement benefits.
9. A very handsome salary.
10. Security guards
11. Domestic help.
12. Provident fund ,leaves ,medical facilities.
Eligibility needed to become an IPS officer:
1. Nationality-Must be an Indian citizen.
2. Age limit- Minium age 21 years,maximum age varies ,depending on category and benchmark physical disability.
3. Minimum Education qulification- University degree ( graduate) from a reconginzed college.
4. Number of attempts:
6. attempts of general catering
And for EWS categories ( more than other categories)
5. Officer who already post in the position of IAS, IFS ,aren’t be eligible.