Text book of medical biochemistry by MN Chatterjee Rana shinde
What is Biochemistry
Definition 1 : The term Biochemistry was introduced by Carl Neuberg in 1903. Biochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry, is the “study of chemical processes within and relating to living organisms. Biochemical processes give rise to the complexity of life.”
Definition 2 : The branch of science concerned with the chemical and physico-chemical processes and substances that occur within living organisms.
Why do we study biochemistry?
Biochemistry is important subject in all medical courses so you may ask for why do we study biochemistry?
We study biochemistry in all medical courses because it is the best way to understand how life works in a fundamental way.
how our body and its substance like enzymes, carbohydrates, amino acids, fats, proteins, hormones, DNA, RNA, etc works.
In simple word The best reason to biochemistry is to study ourselves and our chemical relationship with the environment.
The health science have developed treatments of disease, that’s because of biochemistry. The Study of DNA, RNA, carbohydrates, amino acids, fats, proteins, hormones, and treatments of Diabetes, Cancer, has been developed using biochemistry.
Book suitable for medical students –
Textbook of medical physiology is written by MN Chatterjee and Rana Shinde. This is very detailed book for medical biochemistry including clinical notes that makes its easy for student to learn about clinical cases . Further this book has many additional details that may help student in their further studies
Importance of Biochemistry in Pharmacy?
Section 1 – Cell Biology
1. Cell and Cell organelles : chemistry and function.
2. Biological Membrane : Structure and Function .
Section II – Chemistry of Biomolecules
3. Chemistry of carbohydrate.
4. Chemistry of Lipids.
5. Prostaglandings – Chemistry and Function.
6. Chemistry of Protein and amino acid.
7. Plasma protein – Chemistry and Function .
Section III – Molecular Biology
14. Chemistry of nucleotides
15. Metabolism of purines and Pyrimidines.
16. Chemistry of nucleic acid, DNA replication and DNA repair.
17. Protein synthesis, gene expression and recombinant DNA
18. Polymerase chain Reaction and Real Time PCR.
Section IV – Metabolism
22. Digestion and Absorption of Carbohydrate .
23. Metabolism of carbohydrate .
24. Digestion and Absorption of Lipids.
25.Metabolism of lipids.
Section V – Clinical Biochemistry
35. Enzyme and Isoenzyme of clinical importance
36. Renal function test .
37. Liver function test.
38. Gastric function test.
39. Thyroid function test.
Section VI – Miscellaneous
44. Diet and Nutrition
45. Environmental Biochemistry
46. Biochemistry of cancer
47. Biophysics : Principal and Biomedical importance.
Book’ Name : Text book of medical biochemistry
Edition : Eighth Edition
Authors : MN Chatterjee, Rana shinde
Size Of PDF : 20.76 MB
Number of Pages : 894
Order physical books of biochemistry from Amazon
Download pdf and enjoy. Dont forget to share this post on social Media. Join our Facebook, WhatsApp group and invite to your friends. This will help us to increase the reach of this website. Thanks for visiting.